Saturday 7 August 2021

suspended my facebook

 today I suspended my facebook page


earier i was asked by one of my neighbours to be a facebook "friend".  I turned her down because being outspoken and opinionated non-subscribing presbyterian desciple of Christ i did not know her well enough to know whether or not she might be offended by some of my posting opinions. I suggested we just continue to be neighbours instead. 


she said she was disappointed 


but it started me thinking about the broad church audience face book has and perhaps some of my woodturning friends might not share my liberal and humanist humanitarian opinions, they might inadvertently be offended by what they read

 

had been thinking for a long time anyway of quitting facebook so darn-gone-it, just suspended the account.  I did not terminate the account for then I would loose contact with so many friends on facebook messenger 


spending too long on it anyway 


concentrate on blogging and vlogging instead

No comments:

Post a Comment

Halloween and the Free Pea Flip-flop

  A s we know from the words of Jesus Christ, Son of God, on that last day of mankind on earth we will not be judged on whether we worshippe...